Sunday, September 20, 2009

Eli

I love bedtime at my house...not because its quiet (well maybe a little) but because I get to rock both Eli and Noah before we but them to bed. Eli just lays there looking up at me with this expectant look on his face - just waiting for me to teach him something or show him something new. He loves to reach up and explore my face while I let him grab my nose and poke at my eyes and make silly noises to him. That, of course, usually catches the attention of Noah and he just wants to come sit next to us and rock with us while we wind down for the evening.

Tonight Noah actually suggested that I put Eli down so I can go ahead and take him to bed - he MUST have been tired! Though he will suggest that I put Eli down for many things he thinks is more important! That is the main reason why I love bedtime so much - its the one time of day that I actually get to HOLD Eli without being on Noah patrol too. I sometimes wish we could bottle these times and save them forever ya know? Tatoo them to the back of our eyelids for that warm fuzzy feeling every night when we finally close our eyes for bed.

Last night I had some MOMS CLUB friends over for movie night - we talked most the night about our kids - funny how that happens. We didnt really get into a good movie but I did get really into a bottle of wine...........................it was great. It wouldnt hurt to bottle those times either! HA!

No comments: