Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Quick Update

It has happened - the very thing that we digital cameral users dread! I lost my pictures. Of COURSE my media drive went wacko on me - nothing else did - nothing else was lost - nothing but my THOUSANDS of pictures that were NOT on a flash drive or other external storage device. My first reaction was "Dont Panic" - and then I cried. HA!

Well - all hope is not lost yet. We are still going to try and take that drive to someone who may be able to save most of my pictures. So pray for me! lol

I just wanted to let you all know how the kiddo's are doing. (of course I have no pictures to post at the moment - sniffle) Eli is such a happy little guy - he just loves to be looked at and smiles SO BIG when he sees another persons face....I dont think he cares who it is as long as he gets to stare at someone he is all grins. We started some solid foods - he is taking a bit longer to get used to eating than Noah did. Eli gags on everything so far.....except peas - he loves peas. ?? Fine by me, it just makes for intersting and artful diapers. His big accomplishments are: Rolling over, belly laughing, and just being a delightful happy little baby!

Noah - the kid amazes me. He pretty much can carry on a conversation with you - about almost anything really. He will tell me that he needs more juice and that I should put Eli down to go get it for him. He will tell me that he wants to play with a certain toy and that I should put Eli down and go get it for him. He will tell me that he wants to go outside and I should put Eli down and go out with him...do we see a pattern? LOL But he loves Eli and still showers him with kisses and hugs - even when Eli is crying he will come tell me that we should go see whats wrong with him. There have been many times I may be busy and hear Eli crying on the floor and then all of a sudden its quiet - my first thought is of Noah holding a pillow over his face or something but I look around the corner and see Noah holding Eli's bottle for him or helping him replace his pacifier. Its really pretty special and we are so proud of him. :0)

Another HUGE HUGE HUGE thing for Noah is - he is WELL on his way to being potty trained!!! We had ONE tinkle accident this morning - but that was after a whole weekend of wearing a diaper while we had company - I put his big boy pants on him this morning and reminded him that we dont potty in them (or on the floor, or on his toys, or outside - YES I have to list them out like that to cover all the exceptions or they WILL be tested!) and he was good and dry all day long! AND it has been a week since he POOPED in his pants - he has made it to the toilet everyday like a PRO! WE HAVE A PRO POOPER HERE PEOPLE! And after he poops he runs out of the bathroom buck naked and announces to everyone that he pooped in the toilet and we all have to dance and rejoice. He cracks me up...

Brian, Angela, Caden and Paxton came to visit us this weekend. Caden and Paxton are around the same ages and Noah and Eli so the older boys had a BLAST with eachother. (once again, no pictures to share yet) They will be good buddies we can tell - they spent most of their time chasing each other or the dog and just had a great time being boys and doing boy things - jumping on the beds, playing in the sand box or slip n slide or swimming - it was really great! Thanks to Brian and Angela for taking the time to visit us - I know the boys had a great time and so did Kevin and I! :0)

Well, thats all for now - I have to hybernate and try to regain my energy from this weekend!

No comments: