Monday, September 06, 2010

Summer Summary

Here is a (not so short as it turns out) Summary of our 2010 Summer - so far....Eli turned 1 year old, we  survived another season of toddler teething, Noah turned 3 years old, we built our first wood working project - a train table for the kiddos (love it!). Then a week later we were surprised by the early arrival of our new little man - Jonah Robin Davis born 6-26-2010 weighing 5 lbs 12oz.

And what a dramatic arrival it was! whew! Thankfully we didnt have any MAJOR complications - just a bunch of small annoying ones.....Breech, version procedure (Not fun......at all.) Then Dr induced me and my epidural did freaky things to the upper half of my body instead of putting my lower half asleep.  And when they were trying to fix that I suppose I blacked out cause I woke up with a ton of panicking nurses around me.  One of which was holding the sick pan up to my mouth (which I was using very well I might add) - and I will never forget that part because she must have been eating a burger cause all I could smell was onions on her hands! And that did NOT help me in the throwing up department....

Apparently my blood pressure dropped really low - Dr called it a reaction to the epidural - They said it was rare I must have drawn the lucky number. SO - as my labor progressed ...my epidural didnt....and I got the pleasure of having a semi natural child birthing experience. I did a lot of praying and promising the good lord above that I will do ANYTHING He wants for the rest of my life as long He made the pain stop coming.....I owe Him a lot of favors these days.  The Dr had to threaten me with emergency C-section because I couldnt push the right way - he busted out the suctions and like magic - Jonah arrived. He was tiny but healthy and thats all we asked for! Praise Jesus! (lol)

All in all - it was the hardest and scariest delivery for me so far - but the easiest to recover from!

On our way to the hospital! yikes
Here are some pictures:
Jonah - day one
Jonah and tired Mommy

No comments: