Monday, September 06, 2010

My dream.......

I think in my former life I must have been a decorator....not because Im any good at it - but only because thats all I seem to think about lately. Well, between feeding the boys, cleaning up poop, wiping off spit up, saving one of their lives, cleaning up thrown food, cleaning up toys and then feeding the boys again...between all that I sit back and think about all the things I would do in terms of decorating....ya know..in my free time. HA! I have been CRAZY with DIY ideas - I never thought about it before, but maybe thats my "happy place" - just go off to lala land where the walls are neutral, finishes are dark, and the fabric and light, fresh and geometric....a Candace Olson Oasis...(sigh).

Oh, where was I? Anyway, I found this inspiration room. It has the same bones that my bedroom does so Im gonna go with it - and its beautiful too. Of course, THIS room probably has about a $20,000 dumbed into it......and Im going to try to copy it for a fraction of the cost. And when I say Fraction - I mean like less than $700 when its all said and done (insert sarcastic laughter here!). Im thinking lots of DIY and craigslist finds.  But, from what I have found so far (nesting tables and workable dressers on CL , all for less than $300 so far) - I think I can HACK it! The biggest DIY's will be the headboard and the dressers - I found these lovely mirrored dresser look-alikes here and/or here (have you seen the prices of the real things!!! CRIMINAL!). And the headboard - well I have a plan for that too....coming soon!! baby crying....gotta go!

**Thanks to a few of my favorite blogs: Pearl Street Interiors and Blissfully Domestic for the very clever DIY's!

No comments: