Friday, February 04, 2011

MY BABY CAN READ!

Over the last few weeks - Noah has really started showing interest in what letters 'say'.  Could this be because he started school a few weeks ago?  I dunno....but Im amazed at the change in Noah already. The other day I heard him in the play room singing the ABC's and then he went through each letter and said "Big A little a - A says aaaaaa   as in APPLE!" for every single letter he did this - and I walked into his play room and he had a set of his flash cards scattered all around him.

So we have been talking about what sounds certain letters make when they are put together like - "oo" and "ou" and "ch" and things like that.  He seems to be soaking it all up!

Then last night, I was working from home in front of the computer and Daddy was on the floor in the playroom with the boys drawing simple words on a drawing board and having Noah make the sounds of the letters and putting them all together......it dawned on me..Noah was reading! READING!  He really did do most of it himself - Kev would point to the letter, Noah would make the sound, and we had him put the sounds all together quicker and he would shout the word! He read, DOG, CAT, JONAH, BOOK, NOAH, ELI, BANDIT, and then at my request BOOGER. Just to make him laugh.

Reading.....sheesh...

Now, I know he is no genius - thats not what I am saying....but he is growing up so quickly!!!

Eli has really been showing interest in letters too - today we went to a Dr appt and then to the "BLUE" hardware store and he pointed out every letter "S" he saw...I think he likes it because he can say it really well.  He's a cutie...

This is the last week Jonah has to wear his helmet - YEAH!!!!!!! 

Well, I gotta run and pick up #1 from school. More later! :0)  

No comments: