Thursday, January 20, 2011

$8 haircut

After Eli's tooth incident - I had an especially irritable day and decided to take the plunge and take advantage of the GreatClips haircut sale.  $7.99 for a haircut, cant beat that!  I called them to make sure it included womens cuts too - no matter the original length because I planned on going pretty short. I needed a change - badly. All these babies have really left their mark on my hair! What used to be thick super curly long hair is now whispy, thinning, frizzy, not curly at all hair...so off it goes.

I was terrified to go to GreatClips to be perfectly honest. Like I said, I called before hand and asked if there was anyone there who had a lot of experience cutting short hair for women - I was assured there was a manager on duty who knew her stuff.

rrriiiiight...

Well I show up and get seated almost right away with an asian woman who seemed really nice - really she was very nice, I couldnt understand a word she was saying but she was all smiles! As soon as I have about 5 inches cut off my left side she starts to get a little crazy and nervous about how many people just walked in the door after me. At this point she's just wacking away at my poor hair and loading on some gloppy stuff to show me how to style my hair by teasing, blowdrying the hair up and then spraying with hairspray - and then she said she was done and I looked beautiful and that I should tell my husband that I was going out for the day to show off my hair! I even tried to tell her that it wasnt what I was expecting and that I wanted more cut from the sides - she looked annoyed, looked into the waiting room, and I could almost hear her saying "YOU $8 HAIRCUT OVUH NOW, YOU GO HOME! NEXT!!!" My hair was clearly 2 inches longer on my right side....I looked like a chicken dipped in grease and then electricuted. I wish I were joking....but im not. I could hardly get out of there fast enough - I didnt care if people were looking at me like I was a crazy person to pay for that kind of service - but I was in flight mode...

I went straight to another GreatClips to have some else fix my hair - and now Im in love. His name is Brandon and he is David Copperfield with Sciccors. My hair still isnt what I had in mind - but Im completely ok with it - I love it actually. And I will definately be going back to BRANDON again!

Here's the reveal - its a phone picture so sorry its a crappy one..

I asked Noah if he liked my new hair - he said no. (love the honesty though) He said that I should go back to the store and get my ponytail back.

Mommies are supposed to have LONG hair mommy....

crazy kid

1 comment:

Kasey Skala said...

I'm sorry to hear that you initially had a poor experience at one of our salons. Our goal is to provide all our customers with a quality haircut and a comfortable experience, so my apologies.

On the bright side, I'm glad you gave us another chancce and went to a different salon to get your hair fixed.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience we caused. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Best,
Kasey Skala
Great Clips, Inc.